KRAUSE MEMORIAL LIBRARY
PARKS & TRAILS
The Rockford branch library can trace its library roots back to the 1870s in a building on Courtland Street. The Krause Memorial Library has been in its current location since 1937 and was made possible through the generous donation of G. Adolph Krause, founder of footwear giant Wolverine Worldwide. Mr. Krause and his descendants have continued to support the library through expansions and an Endowment Fund. The library has been expanded twice—in 1963 & 1989—and today is 8,555 square feet.
For more information, visit Krause Memorial Library page on the Kent District Library website »