WELCOME TO THE ROCKFORD OUTDOOR REFRESHMENT AREA
Refreshments Allowed in Public Spaces
Sunday – Saturday; Noon – 10 pm
Fire pits are lit around 2pm on weekdays and around 11am on weekends.
• Practice Social Distancing
• Follow Face Covering Guidelines
• Seek Shelter If Severe Weather
• Wash & Sanitize Hands
• Be Respectful
• Leashed Pets Are Welcome. Please be a responsible pet owner and clean up after them.
• Have Fun!
To report a non-emergency concern, call Rockford City Hall (616) 866-1537 or Rockford Department Public Safety non-emergency (616) 866-9557.
To report an emergency, call 911
WITHIN THE RORA, PATRONS OF PARTICIPATING RESTAURANTS AND TASTING ROOMS MAY CARRY AN OPEN ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE UP TO 16 OZ. IN A DESIGNATED CONTAINER.
*Liquor Licensees eligible for social district permit
1. Cinco de Mayo
2. The Corner Bar
3. Grill One Eleven
4. Kayla Rae Cellars
6. Rockford Brewing Company
7. Rockford Lanes
8. Rogue River Tavern
10. Ramona's Table
• Drink from designated containers only
• Only alcohol purchased from a Social District permit holder may be consumed in the RORA. No outside alcohol!
• Stay within the designated RORA. Look for signs indicating boundaries.
• Do not carry refreshments into businesses. They must remain outdoors.
Note: All State of Michigan and City of Rockford laws apply. Including, but not limited to those prohibiting public intoxication, impaired driving, open containers and serving alcohol to minors.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. What types of alcoholic beverage can I purchase to carry around the designated Refreshment Areas?
- Beer, wine, and liquor are all allowable drinks when served in a designated container. Drinks must be purchased inside a participating business.
2. Can I walk anywhere with my drink?
- No. Patrons must stay within the designated Refreshment Area boundaries. Leaving a Refreshment Area with an alcoholic beverage violates State and local law.
3. Can I take my Refreshment into other businesses?
- No. Once a designated Refreshment has left the business where it was served, it must be consumed before you enter any other establishment. Drink Up!
4. Can I take an empty designated Refreshment container into a business so I can reuse it?
- No. The only drinks allowed are those purchased from businesses participating in the Refreshment Area program. No cans, glass bottles, or outside drinks are permitted within the boundaries per State and local law.
PLEASE DRINK RESPONSIBLY
RORA Brochure & Map
RORA District Map